The Municipal Court/Violations Bureau handles all criminal complaints, ordinance violations and traffic tickets issued in the Township of Waterford. This includes complaints and tickets issued by Waterford Township Police, New Jersey State Police, New Jersey State Park Police, New Jersey Transit Police, Division of Fish and Game and Department of Weights and Measures. This office schedules cases for hearings, accepts bail and maintains records of criminal and traffic tickets for attorneys, defendants, residents and the general public.
Every defendant has the right to be represented by an attorney. If a defendant feels that he or she cannot afford an attorney, a judge may determine whether a public defender can be appointed. A defendant will need to complete a Uniform Defendant Intake, or “5A Form,” which is the application for a public defender. This form asks for information that will enable the judge to determine if the defendant meets the indigency standards to qualify. If you wish to apply for a public defender, you may complete the form and mail, fax or email the signed and dated form to the Court prior to your court date. There is a fee of up to $200 that the judge will assess if the application is approved.
Frequently Asked Questions
2131 Auburn Avenue, Atco NJ 08004
Waterford Township Municipal Court
Yes, please include your summons or complaint number to insure you receive credit for your payment. If you would like a receipt, please enclose a self addressed stamped envelope.
Credit cards are only accepted when paying online or in person at the Court Office. Credit cards are not an accepted form of payment when posting bail.
If your ticket is not paid by the due date, there will be a $10.00 late fee added.
If your ticket is not marked court appearance required then most likely you do not need to appear, however if your ticket is not marked court appearance required and is a more serious violation then you should call the court to determine whether you should appear or not.
All fines are due in full. If you appear in court you will be expected to pay all fines on that date.
We do not provide transportation, so if you need transportation you must make arrangements before your court date, we will not postpone your court date due to transportation issues. There is public transportation that runs along the White Horse Pike (US 30) which is one block from our building.
Go to the court window to check in. You will receive a number to speak to the prosecutor.
If you want to plea not guilty and want a court date please go to www.njmcdirect.com and follow instructions below
or email us at westamptoncourt@gmail.
***If you received more than one (1) ticket you must dispute all of them separately and you can only dispute a ticket 1 time through this process. (There are a lot of steps but it's easier than it looks)
- Click on TRAFFIC TICKET
- Enter information and click SEARCH *Please note: Prefix is NOT Ms. Mrs. Mr. (Example. E20, SP5, WT etc.)
- Click on Dispute Case in sentence (2) Note: If the ticket does not meet the criteria to be disputed, the Dispute Case link will not display and you will have to contact the court.
- Enter your username or create an account
- Click on the Municipal Case Resolution tab on the top left of the screen
- Click on Create Dispute Case
- Enter ticket information again and click search
- Verify all information and click next
- Click to certify the terms of the plea agreement
- Choose the Reason for Dispute and enter the facts in the comment field.
- Click next
- Click the box next to the certification statement
- Upload any documents if applicable
- Click submit
This will send your dispute to the Prosecutor for his review. Once reviewed an email notification will be sent to you. (follow steps below)
- Click on the link in the email and it will bring you back to the original screen that you used to initiate the Dispute.
- Click on my work link on the top right of screen and the worklist will display.
- Click on open
- Click on I accept or I reject the recommendation then click submit. If you accept this will be sent to the Judge for final disposition and you will receive an email when final disposition is entered. If you reject reject the recommendation, an email notification will be sent to you that you pay the original offense.
To pay your ticket online go to www.njmcdirect.com